The YMCA of Three Rivers is committed to protecting personal information, by following responsible information handling practices in keeping with privacy laws.
The YMCA uses modern information and communication technologies to support our YMCA activities. Our Privacy Statement covers the YMCA of Three Rivers and our website:
YMCA of Three Rivers
Cities: Guelph, Stratford, and Waterloo Region
What are cookies?
There are several types of cookies:
Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites. These can be further broken down into two types:
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers, as described in the “How can you adjust or opt out of cookies” section below. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
1. Website performance and analytics: we want to understand how users interact with this website.
2. Advertising and remarketing: we use third-party platforms (specifically Google and Facebook) to show targeted ads to users based on how they interact with our website. These ads can show up on sites across the internet. For more information on Advertising and Remarketing, please visit any of the following links:
What cookies do we use?
See the table below for details on which cookies we use on this website:
|Cookie||How it is used||Type||Learn More|
|Google Tag Manager||This cookie is associated with sites using Google Tag Manager to load other scripts and code into a page.||First-Party||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Google Analytics||These cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our websites for you.||First-Party||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Google AdWords||These cookies are used to make advertising message more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.||Third-Party||https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads|
|These cookies are used to make advertising message more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.||Third-Party||https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217|
How can you adjust or opt-out of cookies?
There are several ways for you to adjust or opt-out of cookies:
1. Visit Google’s Ad Settings Page.
2. Visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
3. Control your device identifiers using your device’s settings.
4. Control what ads you are shown on Facebook.
5. Clear cookies from your browser.
- You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
- We collect information about you only if you volunteer it by signing up for our online newsletter.
Services and links of our Website
- Our website enables you to communicate with us.
- Because the YMCA wants your website experience to be informational and resourceful, our Website will, from time to time, provide links to third party sites.
- We collect personal data you volunteer online, or when you make use of our online registration for our camping programs, in order to better meet your program, service and information needs.
- We also use and disclose data, which does not identify individuals, for statistical purposes to develop and enhance YMCA programs and services.
- We may also collect personal information in order to satisfy legal, government and regulatory obligations.
- If you supply us with your contact information, you may hear from us about important information concerning the YMCA program or service in which you are registered.
- You may also hear from us about other YMCA programs and services that may interest and benefit you.
- We do not sell personal information we collect.
- We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else without your prior knowledge or consent, except when required by a government body or agency, or as permitted by law.
- The YMCA of Three Rivers, in keeping with our Mission and Vision, believes in the development of healthy, confident children.
- For children under 12 years of age, we will obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian to collect and use personally identifiable information about a child.
Confidentiality / Security
- YMCA maintains physical, electronic and administrative safeguards that are appropriate to the type of personal information we obtain from you.
- YMCA staff and volunteers having access to personal data are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and handle it responsibly.
If you are aware of any inaccuracy or changes in the personal information, which we hold about you, please contact a YMCA staff at your local YMCA. If you have an inquiry about YMCA privacy practices, please contact a senior staff at your local YMCA or connect with us below:
Attention To: “VP of Marketing and Communications”
YMCA of Three Rivers
250 Hespeler Rd, Cambridge, ON N1R 3H3
If you have a complaint or concern about YMCA information handling practices, we encourage you to talk to us.
In most cases, discussing your concern with a Manager for your YMCA program or service, will address your concern.
If the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact Human Resources. You will be asked to provide the following information in writing:
- Your name, address or fax number where you prefer to be reached;
- Nature of your complaint, relevant details, and what you would like us to do;
- Name of the YMCA staff with whom you have already discussed the issue.
The YMCA will investigate and assist with resolving your concern.
The YMCA regularly reviews its policies and procedures to ensure we remain current with changing laws and evolving public expectations.
On-line Legal Policy
This site was created to be informative. Accordingly, we will permit you to download or photocopy material displayed on this site for your non-commercial personal use. Any content or graphics extracted from the site must prominently display copyright and other proprietary notices.
Terms and Conditions
This site is owned by the YMCA of Three Rivers. Any images, graphics, multimedia, or content is copyrighted by the YMCA of Three Rivers and may only be used in the manner provided for in these Terms and Conditions. In addition, the site contains names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property which are the property of the YMCA of Three Rivers and may not be used for any purpose without the express written consent of the YMCA of Three Rivers.