Early Learning and Childcare Navigator roles are funded by the Region of Waterloo Community Services. These positions have been developed in response to our greater community’s need to improve equitable access within Early Learning and Child Care services for Black, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, and other equity seeking populations. Early Learning and Child Care Navigators can support families with children under age 6.
We can meet your family in person (in your neighbourhood or at a community site), over the phone or online.
How can an Early Learning and Child Care Navigator Support your Family?
Early Learning and Child Navigators can help by:
- Connecting you with EarlyON | Waterloo Region and other early learning programs
- Sharing Child Care options available to you
- Supporting you with registering for the centralized child care registry (OneList Waterloo Region)
- Providing you with information on child care subsidies and helping you to apply for subsidy
- Helping you to access other resources in our community, including, and not limited to special needs resourcing support, Public Health and other community services
Are you a service provider? Early Learning and Child Care Navigators can help your team.
ELCC Navigators can help build capacity in your staff by sharing resource information, knowledge, and expertise about child development, inclusion, adult interaction, child care system navigation, and more.
Connect with an Early Learning and Child Care Navigator Today
- Email an Early Learning and Child Care Navigator
- Call 519-741-8585 ext. 3008 and ask to speak with an Early Learning and Child Care Navigator
- Send an online request to meet with an Early Learning & Child Care Navigator Request