EarlyON Child and Family Centres offer free, drop-in programs for children, their parents and caring adults. EarlyON Centres are places to engage and connect with others in the community and feel a sense of belonging.
When you arrive, you will be welcomed by qualified early years professionals who can provide support, advice, and helpful resources. The friendly environment fosters positive learning where children, parents and caring adults can learn, play, laugh, be curious, make friends and engage with others.
Accessing the right supports for you and your family is important
Programs are available at our EarlyON Child and Family Centres from pre-conception, prenatally and beyond. We know that children need much more than just immediate families to grow up strong. Our programs and services provide your whole family with opportunities to play, explore, discover and learn in a supportive environment. You are welcome to access any of the centres in our region, free of cost.
- Go to keyon.ca and click on “Become a Member”
- Complete the registration form to create your account. This account can be used at every EarlyON Child and Family Centre in Waterloo Region (Note: Every adult needs their own account).
- Once your account is complete, please visit an EarlyON Child and Family Centre to receive your key tag (Note: Your last name and postal code are required to verify your account).
- All programs offered by EarlyON are free for you and your family to attend. Some of our programs require registration. Information on how to register for these programs can be found on the program descriptions page.
- If you are unable to attend a program you have registered for, please call our site to inform us that you will not be attending.
During Your Visit
When You Arrive
- You must scan your key tag upon arrival for every visit, and check off which programs you will be attending.
- Ensure that your stroller is folded to the smallest setting upon entry
- Storage is available for coats, wet shoes, purses, diaper bags and other miscellaneous materials.
Photos may be taken at any of our locations to be used in promoting EarlyON Waterloo Region services via print or digital marketing. If you wish to consent, please fill out our release form for yourself and/or your child here: EarlyON Waterloo Region Photo Release Form
If you wish to remove your consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to update your photo consent by adding another child, please complete the form again with the information for the additional child.
We are here to support you
Our knowledgeable staff team are here to support you with any of your parenting questions or concerns. Feel free to connect with staff during your visit to one of our sites.
There are many opportunities for you to share your feedback
- Speak to a staff member while you are on site
- Email us!
- Subscribe to our e-news which includes participant feedback surveys throughout the year
Our programs and drop in space are set up in a way that promotes caregivers to be engaged with their children. We ask that you actively supervise your child and engage in their learning/play experiences while at our centre to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit. Please speak to one of our staff if you need any support.
Volunteers and Students
From time to time, there will be volunteers and students at our centres. Their role is to enhance and assist in program activities. All of our students and volunteers are required to have a Criminal Reference Check completed prior to starting their placement. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities.
Health and Well-being
We are conscious of food allergies but can’t guarantee an allergy-free site. If you or your child has a severe allergy, please inform the staff upon your arrival during each visit. (Note: Our EarlyON | Riverside and EarlyON | Cedar Creek locations reside inside public schools. Therefore, EarlyON | Cedar Creek is an onion, nut and peanut-free facility, while EarlyON | Riverside is a nut and peanut-free facility.)
- Although illness is inevitable, we try to minimize this by practicing good hygiene and disinfecting toys regularly.
- Children who are too ill to play, to attend childcare, or to attend school are too ill to come to the EarlyON Child and Family Centres.
- We follow Public Health guidelines and ask that you return to the centre after he/she is free of diarrhea and/or vomiting for 24 hours. It is important to remember that many babies and very young children attend the EarlyON Child and Family Centres and these children play and learn by mouthing objects.
- If you or your child show signs of high fever, vomiting, diarrhea or other contagious illness you will be asked to leave the centre until you are well.
Our EarlyON Child and Family Centres operate year-round. Centre hours may change throughout the year. For information on current centre hours visit our Locations page.
We are closed for all major holidays, the Saturday of all long weekends and for various Professional Development dates throughout the year. Please check our location calendars or follow us on Facebook @EarlyONWR and Twitter @EarlyONWR for information on upcoming closures.
If our EarlyON Child and Family Centres will be closed due to inclement weather or unexpected circumstances the information will be broadcast through the Rogers Radio group including 570 news and posted on Facebook and Twitter feeds. Expected closures of our Mobile Delivery Sites will be posted on our Facebook @EarlyONWR and Twitter @EarlyONWR pages. Please note that if school buses are cancelled due to inclement weather, our community locations will be cancelled as well.
Sign up for our E-News today to stay in touch with us!
Get EarlyON | Waterloo Region updates, local events for families, and parenting news, directly to your inbox.